Stainless Steel 317/317L Plates
The Stainless Steel 317L Sheet and Plate is therefore made resistant to these chemicals and has higher strength at elevated temperatures. Our sheet and plate are having a long life because of this, and due to the presence of elements like chrome, we are also able to produce Austenitic Stainless Steel 317/317L Sheet Plates that have the desired quality.
Among these are high-quality alloy steel sheets and plates, characterized by martensitic, ferritic, and austenitic structures. Due to the characteristics of this material, welding and fabricating them are very simple. Cold working of the sheet is possible under working atmospheres and post-work annealing is performed in order to decrease the internal stress of the sheet and plate.
As part of our services, we are able to supply non-magnetic SS 317L Sheets in an annealed condition at our facility. In our opinion, it has been one of the best materials to harden with cold working, but it cannot be hardened by heat treatment. There are a wide array of industries where this product range is used, including the oil and gas, the manufacturing, the chemical industries, as well as paper and pulp industries.
Standard shop fabrication practices, however, can be used to weld and process Alloy 317 Plates. We are ready to assist you with any size of order anytime and anywhere in the world with our dedicated team of experts. Please send us an email with your competitors’ requirements to receive a free estimate.
Standard Specification for Stainless Steel Sheets & Plates
- An ASTM A480 / SA480 specification is a standard compliance with which flat-rolled stainless steel plates, sheets, strips, and coils are covered by the general requirements.
- It is this standard specification for stainless chrome steel-clad plate in accordance with ASTM A263 / SA263 that exists as of now
- The ASTM A666 / SA666 is a standard specification for austenitic stainless steel sheets, strips, and plates that are either annealed or cold-worked
Specifications of Stainless Steel 317/317L SS Sheet, Plate & Coil
A specification offered by ASTM B 906/ASME SB 906, ASME Code Cases 1827 and N-253, SAE/AMS 5540, BS 3072NA14 and 3073NA14, DIN 17750, ISO 6208, EN 10095, MIL-DTL-23228.
In terms of hardness, there are soft, hard, half hard, quarter hard, and spring hard
The standards and approvals process
- The ISO 18286 standard
- The EN10051 standard
- ISO/EN 10088-1
- ISO 10088-1
- The ISO 9445 standard
- The ASTM A480 standard
- A 959 is an ASTM standard
- IID ASME
There is a wide range of value added services available in our company including laser cutting, waterjet cutting, plasma cutting, bending and mechanical processing, drilling, welding, sawing, and shearing.
What Is 321 Stainless Steel Plate?
The stainless steel 321 SS plate (UNS S32100) is an austenitic stainless steel with an improved resistance to intergranular corrosion thanks to its titanium stabilization. The addition of titanium stabilizes the material against the formation of chromium carbide and is suitable for applications up to 1500°F (815°C), making it ideal for high temperatures. Compared to chromium, titanium has a greater affinity for carbon, resulting in titanium carbide precipitating within grains rather than at grain borders. The corrosion resistance of 304 and 304L stainless steel is similar in annealed conditions, however, it is more resistant to creep and stress rupture, making it the perfect choice for pressure vessels and boilers. In addition to being nonmagnetic, the 321 stainless steel is also heat resistant. This makes it suited for continuous use at higher temperatures.
There are a lot of different stainless steel plates available on the market today, but 321 stainless steel plates are among them. This grade consists of 304 stainless steel with a stabilizer of titanium. This type of stainless steel is suitable for applications where heat is a concern. The grade 321 can be used in applications as high as 900°C, whereas 304 is typically regarded as high as 500°C. It is excellent at forming and welding. In addition to the high corrosion resistance, 321 stainless serves as a decorative material that is not very polishable. We stock a wide range of sizes in 321 stainless that are certified to AMS 5510, ASTM A 240, and SA 666.
321 Stainless Steel Plate Specification
There are many standards such as ASTM A240, JIS4304-2005, ASTM A167, EN10088-2-2005, GB/T3280-2007, and so on
- The surface and finish of 321 Stainless Steel Plate are as follows:
- In the word of speech, 2B, 2D, BA is a standard of a horizontal line, also known as a hair line.
- The process of blasting, brushing, etching, etc.
- It can be made in thicknesses ranging from 5mm to 100mm
- In terms of width, there are 1000mm, 1219mm, 1500mm, 1800mm, 2000mm, 2500mm, 3000mm, 3500mm, etc.
- Depending on the length, it may be 2000mm, 2440mm, 3000mm, 5800mm, 6000mm, etc.
- Plates of stainless steel in the following grades: 321 (Hot Rolled and Cold Rolled)