Stainless Steel 304 Round Bars are generally made from stainless steel material that contains approximately 18% chrome and 8% nickel, so they are exceptionally strong and corrosion resistant. They are composed of stainless steel material with a high level of strength and corrosion resistance, therefore making them extremely durable and strong. This kind of round bar is not just high strength and corrosion resistance; it also has some outstanding properties as well. In this case, AISI 304 steel serves as the base for the round bar. This metal has the minimum tensile strength to 515 MPa, while the minimum yield strength to 205 MPa. Various components made from UNS S30400 Round Bar have been successfully used on board ships to operate under high pressures and temperatures. With a melting point of 1400 degrees Celsius, UNS S30400 Round Bar is capable of operating under extreme conditions, such as extreme cold.
Its main attraction is not just the fact that the stainless steel is widely applied across a wide range of applications, but also the fact that it is extremely economical, and that is why it is so sought after. Due to its versatility and formability, and its machinability properties, Stainless Steel 304 Round Bar is easily shaped into a variety of shapes as a consequence of its formability, machinability, and formability properties. The 304 stainless steel hollow bars are increasingly popular among buyers across a wide range of industries due to their strength, corrosion resistance, and ease of processing. Among these industries are pharmaceuticals, textiles, pulp and paper, as well as a number of others..
SS 304 stainless steel Square Bar is used in a variety of applications, ranging from pressure systems to moderately high temperatures, and many manufacturers acknowledge the fact that many businesses are able to boost their productivity as a result of using it. Combined with the right specifications, ASTM A276 304 Stainless Steel is able to outperform several carbon steel alloys in terms of corrosion resistance under moderately reducing and oxidizing conditions when used in combination with the appropriate specification. There is no doubt that type 304 stainless steel is one of the most versatile and widely used metals. Even today, type ss304 steel is sometimes referred to by the old name 18/8 steel, which refers to the nominal ss 304 chemical composition, which is 18% chromium and 8% nickel. In ss304composition, is an austenitic grade that can be deeply drawn.
On SS 304 Round Bars, a passivated oxide layer is formed on the surface of them, which prevents corrosion as a result of oxidation. As a consequence of the free chromium present on the surface of these bars, when oxygen reacts with the 304 SS Bar, a self-healing layer is formed on the bar, which effectively prevents it from becoming corroded by oxidation. In spite of all the other advantages of the stainless steel flat bar, one thing that really stands out amongst all is that it can be used in cryogenic environments, which makes it unique amongst all of them. Despite its resistance to cryogenic temperatures, the ss304 material Flat Bar has the ability to maintain certain characteristics that are typical of alloy steels or stainless steel grades, such as excellent mechanical strength and toughness, even after prolonged exposure to cryogenic temperatures. Stainless Steel 304 price per kg in India is Rs 195/-
As a general rule, the weight of steel bar per metre for 8mm bar is approximately 0.395kg, for 10mm bar it is approximately 0.617kg, for 12mm bar it is approximately 0.889kg, for 16mm bar, the weight of steel bar per meter is around 1.58kg, and for 20mm bar, it is approximately 2.47kg. Ss304 Composition is ; C · 0.0 – 0.07. 0.0 – 0.03 ; Mn. 0.0 – 2.0. 0.0 – 2.00 ; Si. 0.0 – 1.00. 0.0 – 1.00 ; P · 0.0 – 0.05. 0.0 – 0.05. With the SS round bar weight calculator, you can easily determine the weight of the bar. SS304 Mechanical Properties are tensile strength, elongation, hardness and fatigue limit. Approximate ss304 melting point of stainless steel is 2550-2790 °F (1400-1530 °C).
The Benefits of using stainless steel round bars
As an example, let us consider the following advantages of stainless steel round bars:
Stainless steel has many advantages over other metals, including their corrosion resistance, which makes it very useful in many applications. In hot environments, corrosion rates are higher for low alloy steels. When exposed to high temperatures and pressures, it is also heat resistant and fire resistant, which is a huge advantage for its application.
Resistance to heat at both high and low temperatures:
The ability of these cables to resist heat and fire assists in preventing scaling at extreme temperatures, as well as keeping power on while scaling occurs.
Modern steel manufacturing procedures today allow stainless steel to be forged, cut, drilled, machined, manufactured, and molded much in the same manner as conventional steels. It is frequently the least expensive content option due to its long product life cycle and long useable lifespan, making it the most cost-effective choice.
In hospitals, restaurants, and abattoirs which are subjected to strict hygiene standards, stainless steel is the material of choice because of its ease of cleaning. Food that comes in contact with stainless steel can be eaten without any worries with a stainless steel round bar will not accumulate dirt or bacteria, as it is one of the most sanitary and clean surfaces available.
The stainless steel round bars are available in a number of colors and surface finishes, and they can be easily maintained and have a great appearance due to their durability and quality, making them an ideal choice for the home. Stainless steel appliances look fantastic both in the kitchen and in the house, so having stainless steel curtains rods is essential.
What is SS 304 Rod?
As far as stainless steel rods are concerned, they are one of the most commonly used materials and they are extremely versatile when it comes to their use in various applications. These products come with excellent welding characteristics and are given the post weld annealing treatment, which will make them more corrosion resistant when they are used in applications at high temperatures and pressures. Therefore, they are an excellent choice for such applications.
What is the difference between hot and cold rolled 304 stainless steel round bars?
304 Stainless Steel Round bars differ from one another in the way that they are processed. As a matter of fact, the main difference between hot rolled and cold rolled steel is how they are rolled at a high temperature. Steel 304 rod bars that are cold drawn are actually made from hot rolled steel, and the steel is reconditioned through cold reduction afterward. In comparison to hot rolled round bars, cold drawn round bars are stronger and more hard-working.
TYPES OF STAINLESS STEEL 304 ROUND BARS & RODS :
- Bars made from stainless steel 304
- Hex bar made of 304 stainless steel
- Square bar made of stainless steel 304
- Rolled flat bar made of 304 stainless steel
- Sheared & Edged 304 Stainless Steel Bar
- Half-round bar made of stainless steel 304
- Bearing Quality 304 Stainless Steel Bar
- 304 Stainless Steel Accuracy bar
- 304 Stainless Steel Pump Shaft Quality bar
- 304 Stainless Steel Bright bar
- 304 Stainless Steel Flat bar
- 304 Stainless Steel Threaded bar
- 304 Stainless Steel Black bar
- 304 Stainless Steel Rod
- 304 Stainless Steel Triangle bar
Uses and applications of ASTM A276 Type 304 SS Round Bars
- Chemicals industry uses stainless steel 304 round bars
- Heat-resistant stainless steel 304 round bars
- Oil and Gas Industry Stainless Steel 304 Round Bars
- Plumbing uses stainless steel 304 round bars
- Water supply systems use 304 stainless steel round bars
- Power Plants use stainless steel 304 round bars
- Paper and pulp industries use stainless steel 304 round bars
- Round stainless steel 304 bars used in food processing
A specific purpose of Stainless Steel ss304 is to provide improved mechanical and corrosion resistance due to the presence of sulfur in the steel composition. In addition to the 18% Chromium, 8% Nickel stainless steel, Stainless Steel 304 Rod Bar is an austenitic stainless steel that cannot be hardened by heat treatment, and it is a free-machining version of that stainless steel.
There is no sign of corrosion or corrosion of grade 304 stainless steel when exposed to temperatures up to 760°C for short periods of time. It is also resistant to oxidation at 870°C when continuously heated. Mechanical Properties of Stainless Steel 304 a have a tensile strength of 85,000 and a yield strength of 45,000 and a 50% elongation. However, when you continuously use 304 at 425-860°C, you may experience carbide precipitation, so it is not recommended. After heating to a temperature of 1010-1120°C, rapid cooling can be used for solution treatment or annealing. Type 304 has a limited cold workability. Some cold work is possible, but abrupt bending should be avoided. When it comes to fabrication procedures that require hot working, such as forging, it is necessary for all components to be heated uniformly to 1149-1260°C. The components should be chilled immediately after the fabrication process is completed in order to ensure maximum corrosion resistance. In order to maintain razor-sharp cutting edges, you need to chill the components immediately. Dull edges can result in excessive work hardening, which is caused by excessive heat build-up.
If you plan on making light cuts, they should be deep enough to prevent work hardening by riding on the surface of the material. It is essential to use chip breakers to prevent swarf from getting into the job when you are working on an austenitic metal project. Heat concentrates at the cutting edges due to the low thermal conductivity of austenitic metals. As a consequence, coolants and lubricants must be used to prevent heat from reaching the cutting edges.As far as physical properties are concerned, stainless steel alloy 304 has a density of 8.03 kg/m3, with a melting point of 14550 degrees Celsius.
In order to get a better idea of what the Stainless Steel 304 Round Bars deliver, now that we know a little bit more about them, let us go over the ss304 specifications.
- In terms of density and melting point, these round bars have a density of 8.0 grams per cubic centimeter and a melting point of 1400 degrees Celsius.
- A tensile strength of 75000 Psi, MPa of 515, and a yield strength of 30000 Psi, MPa of 205, and an elongation of 35% are the properties of these metals.
- As you can see from the specifications, the material of these Stainless Steel 304 Round Bars ranges from ASTM A276, ASME SA276 / ASTM A479, ASME SA479.
- Corrosion resistance of 304 stainless steel round bars decreases at higher temperatures to around 150 mg/L at 60 degrees C. These round bars are available in outside diameters 4mm to 500mm.
- When in intermittent service at a temperature range of 870 degrees C, and in continuous service at 925 degrees C, the stainless steel round bar demonstrates excellent resistance to oxidation. When the temperature of 304 stainless steel is between 425 degrees C and 860 degrees C, it is not recommended that continuous use will result in corrosion resistant structures resulting in aqueous corrosion.
- We are able to deliver the 304 round bars at market-leading prices, where we are concerned, by emphasising the quality of the raw materials, as well as the features of their forming and welding. As well as providing competitive ss material prices for this 304 round bar, as well as customised sizes and thicknesses in line with the unique requests of our special customers.